Infant Security at Kishwaukee and Valley West Hospitals
An infant security system protects our newborns. All new parents are informed about the system and policy upon admission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a staff member.
Additional security information:
- Patients are advised to leave valuables at home, but if necessary they are placed in an envelope and stored in the hospital safe until discharge
- Security is focused on ensuring the safety of staff and patients from physical harm and the protection of sensitive areas of the hospital from break-in and theft, and practices are in place to maintain building security
- Off-duty DeKalb County police officers provide security and rounds through the Hospital. Security and engineering staff escort patients, visitors and employees to their vehicles upon request
- Security will contact a towing service or a tire changing service upon request or provide a battery pack and assistance to start vehicles if needed
- A special team arrives if any individual(s) create a disturbance or become a threat to themselves or others
Our Pledge Regarding Medical Information
We understand that information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. Health Information Management will be happy to provide you or your healthcare provider copies of your medical record. Your medical record contains information regarding your personal health and the care that took place at Kishwaukee or Valley West Hospitals. To assure confidentiality and to comply with the law, you must sign an authorization for release of your health information.
You can download a copy of this authorization or you can obtain a copy from the Medical Records Department at either hospital. You may be charged a nominal fee to obtain your records.