Raising Money to Enhance Health Services for the Community
Funds raised by the KishHealth System Foundation are used to improve the lives of our patients and their families. It may be enhancing the patient experience within the new patient wing at Valley West Hospital in Sandwich, financial assistance for cancer medications, or funding a high-tech patient simulator lab to advance staff skills.
Donors, whether they be individuals, community groups or businesses, are the backbone of the Health Foundation, which raises money to support:
- Kishwaukee Hospital
- Valley West Hospital
- KishHealth System Hospice
- KishHealth System Center for Family Health
- Cancer programs at both hospitals
Unrestricted donations to the Foundation allow the most flexibility in furthering our healthcare mission, but donors may also select to support one of our many designated funds.
Ways Your Donor Dollars Have Been Used to Improve Patient Care
- Significant Health Foundation funds have gone to KishHealth System Hospice. These funds have been used for supportive programs, including bereavement programming, music therapy, volunteer training and related programs.
- Donor support covered a significant portion of the investment in a new Hospice Electronic Medical Record system.
- Donors fully supported KishHealth System’s iStan human patient simulator and simulation laboratory located at Kishwaukee Hospital. This advanced technology is raising the level of continuing education for our staff.
- Donors contributed $1.4 million to the Valley West new patient wing, representing more than 10 percent of the total project.
- Donor support has enabled the care provided at the Center for Family Health as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars for capital and equipment needs at Kishwaukee Hospital and Valley West.
- Our cancer programs have received significant donations that have been used to support treatment and screenings for patients in need as well as support programs for patients and families coping with cancer.
Many hospitals do not have the community support that we do with KishHealth System. We never take for granted our community’s clear desire to support medical advancements and quality care through their support.
Susan Booker Testimonial
Susan Booker, of Waterman, IL, describes her experience with the caring staff at DeKalb County Hospice, part of KishHealth System. The services provided by Hospice are funded in part by the generous donations of community members.
Watch the video!